[UWAB] Opportunities to Help with Summer Camps

Jennifer Whitlow gtg160x at mail.gatech.edu
Mon Mar 24 16:19:46 EDT 2008

Dear Students,

Would you like to have a part-time to full-time job on campus this summer?  We
need help with our computing middle and high school summer camps.  We also need
help with our computing teacher workshops.  We will hold information meetings
Tues April 1st at 1:00pm and Thurs April 3rd at 10:00am in room 109 of the
College of Computing Building.

We are looking for students with at least some computing experience (at least 2
classes in computing) that are outgoing, friendly, and responsible.  We will pay
you for your time in learning the material as well.

You don't have to work the entire summer.  Just let us know when you are
available.  Our summer camps are:

June 2-6th RoboCup Junior (one for over 14 and one 10-14)
June 9-13 rising 7-9th PicoCrickets and Scratch
June 16-20 rising 10-12th Alice, LEGO NXT, and Media Computation in Python
June 23-27 rising 7-9th Alice and LEGO NXT
July 7-11 rising 7-9th PicoCrickets and Scratch
July 14-18 rising 10-12th Alice, LEGO NXT, and Media Computation in Python
July 21-25 rising 7-9th Alice and LEGO NXT
July 28-Aug 1st (maybe Jill for rising 7-9th)

Our teacher workshops are:

Computing in the Modern World June 17-20th 2008
<http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/ice-gt/609>
Beginning Programming in Java June 23-26th 2008
<http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/ice-gt/610>
Intermediate Programming in Java July 14-17th 20008
<http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/ice-gt/605>
College Board Endorsed AP CS A and AB workshop July 21 - 25 2008
<http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/ice-gt/606>

There is a chance that we may also need students to help with workshops in
Orlando and Las Vegas.

Thank You,
Barb Ericson
Director Computer Science Outreach