[UWAB] Fwd: Take Back the Night

Pritchard, Heather L heather.pritchard at gatech.edu
Thu Mar 6 12:27:12 EST 2008

Hey ladies,

One of our big WAM events, Take Back the Night, is coming up next Tuesday. I think this is one of the most important events held on campus all year. Read below for more information, and I hope to see some of you there! :)

-- hp

What: Take Back the Night
When: Tuesday March 11, 2008
Time: 8 p.m.
Where: Georgia Tech Campanile

"When we lean on one another, we all stand stronger"

Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,

Every two minutes, somewhere in America, someone is sexually assaulted...
Only by discussing the causes and effects of this issue will we be able to make an impact and help the victims.

Please join us for Take Back the Night, an evening to raise awareness and educate the Georgia Tech community about sexual violence. The evening will include survivor stories, poems, information about resources from the Women’s Resource Center, the Georgia Tech Counseling Center and Police Department, a performance by the GIFTED Gospel Choir, and a candle lighting ceremony. A reception will follow on the Campanile. Join us at 8 p.m. at the Campanile to 'break the silence and end the violence'.

Also, we will sell T-shirts at the event for $10. All proceeds will go to the Piedmont Rape Crisis Center to directly support survivors and educate the community about sexual violence. Please bring cash, a check, or your buzzcard if you wish to purchase a T-shirt.

Please contact Caitie Gold at cgold at gatech.edu if you have any questions!