[UWAB] study session generic e-mail

Suggs, Vickie L vickie at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 28 13:08:36 EST 2008

Hey Diedrick,

I also counted between 50-55 students at one time or another last
night...huge turn out and a great event!

I previously gave Michael a print-out of the freshmen women and
minorities email addresses. In Tuesday's meeting, Michael also mentioned
sending the notification to the TAs (I believe he also has those email
addresses).

Also send the notification to the Women at CC, ACM, and SAB email lists.
The women's is uwomen at cc.gatech.edu and ACM's is President at gtACM.org. I
think Michael has the SAB email list and can give it to you. It is
probably a good idea to go speak with the TAs yourself so that you
establish a relationship with them and the faculty who work with them.
You can even speak briefly with the academic advisors (Cathy Dunnahoo
and Kathy Earwood) and add them to your notification list so that they
can tell students in need about the study sessions. You just have to
network a bit to build your M at CCademic listserv and reach beyond the
current M at CC listserv to improve your numbers.

I have copied Michael on this email so that you can touch base and get
those emails from him. Finally, please send out your notifications about
the study sessions every Friday afternoon and again every Monday
afternoon. This way the CC community has plenty of notice regarding the
time, date, and location of the study sessions. And Terris has the logo
for the study sessions and can send it to you to use for all email
notifications. Using an image with the event info. versus a regular
email may prove to work better for recruitment purposes.

Thx, Vickie