[UWAB] "Job Descriptions" for openings in the ACM organization we are trying to grow

Biggers, Maureen Short maureen at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 25 17:36:54 EDT 2006

Please let me know if you are interested in being considered for a
position.  Once the positions are filled, Dr. Jim Foley and I are
scheduling a one day team building and leadership planning retreat so
the new group gets off to a great start and we can grow the organization
to one of the best in the country - one that provides career info and
professional development opportunities for CoC students.

Maureen

gtACM Unfilled Officer and Committee Chair Positions

- Vice President Internal

The Vice Presidents Internal's role is to assist the President and to be
a de facto member of all committees.

- Secretary

The Secretary's role is to maintain records for the chapter, handle some
of the chapter's correspondence, and file annual reports with ACM and
GT.

- Social Director

The Social Director is responsible for keeping the chapter involved in
social activities. Examples might be a fall welcome event for new
students or a spring picnic.

- Philanthropy Director

The Philanthropy Director is responsible for keeping the chapter
involved in philanthropic activities. Typical activities are community
outreach to groups like Cool Tech and computer assistance to charitable
groups.

- Technology Committee Chair

Committee maintains all electronic forms of communication such as the
website and email lists.

- Publicity Committee Chair

Committee is responsible for publicizing all events hosted by the
chapter.  This is typically done by email, web and posters.

- Tutoring Committee Chair

Committee is responsible for organizing and maintaining the volunteer
tutoring program for computing related classes.

- Problem-solving contests Committee chair (also known as programming
contests chair)

Chair serves as liaison to the programming competition team concerning
their activities, schedules, and resource needs.  Committee organizes
activities such as problem-solving contests for GT students, as well as
a high school competition.

For more background, see the gtACM web site at
http://www.gtacm.org/index.html and the bylaws at
http://www.gtacm.org/documents.shtml.

Maureen Biggers, Ph.D.

Assistant Dean for Diversity and Community

College of Computing, Georgia Tech

801 Atlantic Drive

Atlanta, GA 30332-0280

404.894.3181  (office)