[UWAB] CS Student Job Opening at GTRI

Sheila.Isbell@gtri.gatech.edu Sheila.Isbell at gtri.gatech.edu
Mon Oct 16 11:37:59 EDT 2006

Hi, my name is Sheila Isbell

I work at GTRI (Georgia Tech Research Institute) in the Computer Science
and Information Technology Division. We have a student job opening on
one of my projects. We are looking for a person who knows Java, JSP,
HTML, SQL queries, experience with using Java API to interface with
Microsoft products like Access and Excel. Database development and
administration is a plus.

The job also requires you write a monthly report on your activities, do
scanning of hardcopy documents, some Quality Assurance, and ensure
security and reliability of website rollout. Also, we will be thinking
of ways to improve some manual processes, so suggestions for improvement
and script writing in the language that best fits will be needed as
well.

In addition to being a good programmer, I really need a problem solver,
someone personable, and with good communication skills.

We are looking for a junior or senior (4th or 5th year is fine) student,
who can give 15 to 20 hours a week. You also have to apply for a
security clearance, so US Citizenship is required.

You will be working with 2 other students (non-cs), and occasionally
other GTRI research professionals.

If you are interested or know of someone who may be interested, please
send me your resume with a couple of sentences about you in an email. If
you are a match, I will respond to your email within two weeks.

Working at GTRI as a student will get you in the light for a possible
job at GTRI, the work experience you need on your resume, and chances to
see what other people in our area are doing.

Thanks!

Sheila

Sheila D. Isbell

sheila.isbell at gtri.gatech.edu <mailto:sheila.isbell at gtri.gatech.edu>

Research Scientist

Georgia Institute of Technology

Georgia Tech Research Institute

Computer Science and Information Technology Division

Office: 404-407-7332

http://www.gtri.gatech.edu/ittl/index.html

http://www.gtri.gatech.edu <http://www.gtri.gatech.edu/>