[robocup-worldwide] [journals] CFP: Special Issue on "Tactile Sensors for Robotic Applications" - Sensors (ISSN 1424-8220, IF 2.475)

Karina Gao karina.gao at mdpi.com
Wed Feb 13 01:37:04 EST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Sensors is currently running a Special Issue entitled "Tactile Sensors
for Robotic Applications". Prof. Dr. Pirozzi Salvatore is serving as
Guest Editor for this issue. We sincerely invite you to prepare a
research article or a comprehensive review to be published in this
special issue.

[In recent years, tactile sensing has become a key enabling technology
to implement complex tasks by using robotic systems. For example, the
successful execution of robotic grasping and manipulation tasks is
strongly dependent on the knowledge of objects’ geometrical and physical
characteristics, especially when objects are deformable and can change
their shapes depending on their interaction with the environment. To
this aim, the robotic systems are more and more frequently equipped with
sensorized grippers, which estimate the object’s features by using
tactile sensors. Also, a safe and efficient pHRI (physical Human Robot
Interaction) requires the knowledge of interaction forces and contact
locations in order to perform cooperation and co-manipulation tasks and
to limit damage from accidental impacts. This crucial information can be
obtained through direct measurements by using an artificial sense of
touch...]

For further reading, please follow the link to the Special Issue Website
at:
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/sensors/special_issues/tactile_sensors_robotics

Submit to this special issue: https://susy.mdpi.com/user/manuscripts/upload

The submission deadline is *31 October 2019*. You may send your
manuscript now or up until the deadline. Submitted papers should not be
under consideration for publication elsewhere. We also encourage authors
to send a short abstract or tentative title to the Editorial Office in
advance (karina.gao at mdpi.com or sensors at mdpi.com).

Sensors is covered by leading indexing services, including the
Science Citation Index Expanded (Web of Science), PubMed/MEDLINE,
Scopus, Chemical Abstracts, INSPEC, and CAB Abstracts. The latest
Impact Factor for the year 2017 is 2.475, and the five-year Impact
Factor is 3.014. The website can be reached at:
http://www.mdpi.com/journal/sensors

As an open access journal, we have high visibility and short processing
time. To date, Sensors has published more than 18000 articles with over
13.6 million views, covering a variety of article types
(article/review/communication/…). A first decision provided to authors
approximately 21 days after submission in 2018, acceptance to
publication is undertaken in 5 days; also, we will provide free English
editing after the acceptance of your paper.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

We are looking forward to your submission!

Best regards,
Ms. Karina Gao
Assistant Editor

--