[robocup-worldwide] [jobs] PhD position at the U of Leeds: RL, robots, HRI.

Matteo Leonetti m.leonetti at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Mar 14 06:09:37 EDT 2018

[apologies for multiple postings]

The School of Computing, at the University of Leeds, has up to 6 PhD
scholarships to offer on several potential projects, one of which is
with me:

https://engineering.leeds.ac.uk/research-opportunity/201323/research-degrees/2598/adaptation-and-interaction-in-mobile-service-robots

Here is a brief description of some of my research, to have an idea of
other compatible directions http://sensiblerobots.leeds.ac.uk/research/

Related areas:
- reinforcement learning
- automated reasoning
- knowledge representation
- human-robot interaction
- robot control

Experience with ROS and a good grasp of C++ is a plus.

Our lab is equipped with a number of robots, including a Baxter, a
Metralab Scito A5, UR5 arm, and our most recent addition: a PAL Robotics
TIAGo. The University of Leeds recently made a $6.5M investment in
robotics research and in a Robotics Center
(http://robotics.leeds.ac.uk/) with which our lab is affiliated. The
equipment in the Robotics Center will also be available for our use
during the PhD.

More about AI in the School:
https://engineering.leeds.ac.uk/info/201552/our_research/272/artificial_intelligence

and Robotics at Leeds: https://robotics.leeds.ac.uk/

Please follow the directions on the project's page (first link) on how
to apply.

Deadline: 30 March 2018

If you have questions please contact me at m.leonetti -- at -- leeds --
dot -- ac.uk.