[robocup-worldwide] Simulated Robotics Competition at ICAPS 2018 - Call for Participation

Tim Niemueller niemueller at kbsg.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Mar 15 11:34:22 EDT 2018

                   Planning and Execution Competition
                   for Logistics Robots in Simulation

                   ICAPS 2018 - Delft, The Netherlands
                http://www.robocup-logistics.org/sim-comp

                        Call for Participation

Dear Planning and Robotics Community,

The Planning and Execution Competition for Logistics Robots in
Simulation takes on important challenges arising in modern
manufacturing, where ever more variability in production requires
flexible logistics. The task is to plan and execute for a robot group in
a autonomous manufacturing scenario in a Gazebo-based simulation.

This will be the second competition after last year's run. We have seen
that even with the domain appearing simple, there are real challenges to
overcome in terms of short-time planning and effective execution.

For more details about the competition, please refer to
http://www.robocup-logistics.org/sim-comp.
The competition will be held using the rules for 2017 available on our
website. The finals will be held at ICAPS 2018 in June. Participants are
encouraged to participate in-person, but may also do so remotely.

To prepare for the competition, we ask interested parties to register at
https://goo.gl/forms/kJDOgRD80StzHnPo1.

Important Dates
- Registration: April 10 2018
- Qualifiers:   May 2018
- Finals:       ICAPS 2018 (June 24-29 in Delft, The Netherlands)

We are looking forward to seeing you in the competition.

On behalf of the organizing committee,
  Tim Niemueller

--
KBSG -- Knowledge-Based Systems Group                       Robotics Lab