[robocup-worldwide] IEEE President-Elect Candidates

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Apr 20 03:59:55 EDT 2017

Dear RoboCuppers,

As members of both, RoboCup and IEEE, we would like to kindly ask you
to carefully also check another petition for putting Prof. Jose' Moura
from Carnegie Mellon University on the list of candidates for IEEE
Presidency.

We recognize that this is an unusual request,
but we believe it is important to be alert in this matter.

Prof. Moura understands the importance of research and educational
activities like RoboCup. He stands for transparency of IEEE
in Governance and Finance as well as for keeping a clear focus on
IEEE continuing to be a truly member driven and member oriented
international society.

You can visit www.josemoura.com and his personal website
www.ece.cmu.edu/~moura to find out more about his goals
for IEEE and about José. In the last few years he has with
others worked to make IEEE a member driven institution rather
than a corporate-like organization and he has worked to make
IEEE relevant to all members, recognizing that members have many
different needs depending on their careers' stage (young versus
seasoned professionals) and coming from many different regions
of the world with many different technical interests.

You can sign the petition by visiting www.ieee.org/petition and
following the link to "Annual Election Petitions"

 	*** before April 30 ***.

To be added to this year's ballot, the petition needs about 4,000
signatures. Any IEEE member, with grade Graduate Student Member or above,
can sign the petition.

You are very welcome to forward this information to your colleagues.

Thank you.

Daniel Lee
Daniel Polani
Daniele Nardi