[robocup-worldwide] Request to support Minoru's standing to election of AdCom of IEEE-RAS

April Foster april.robocup at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 13:52:06 EDT 2017

 Dear RoboCuppers,

Currently, IEEE-RAS is starting the election of AdCom members.
And, Prof. Minoru Asada, a former president of RoboCup Federation,
is standing to this election.

Recently, we are strengthening relationships with other academic
organizations like IEEE-RAS.  We have already established several
relationships with IEEE-RAS, for example, TC of RoboCup in IEEE.  In
addition, if we can push Minoru to be an AdCom member of IEEE-RAS, it
will be great for RoboCup.  As you know, Minoru was one of founders of
RoboCup and also is still active in RoboCup now.  He will be the tight
bridge between RoboCup and IEEE-RAS.

We believe it would be a great opportunity for both RoboCup and the
IEEE to support him, and if you join us in that belief, we would like
to invite you, as RoboCuppers, to submit a petition to second him. To
do so, if you have an IEEE membership, please visit

        http://www.ieee.org/petition

and vote for Minoru before end of April.

Thank you in advance.

Itsuki Noda, president
Daniel Polani, president elect
Manuela Veloso, former president