[robocup-worldwide] CALL for Participation - RoboCup Industrial Logistics League 2017

Ulrich-Karras at t-online.de Ulrich-Karras at t-online.de
Mon Apr 10 05:12:20 EDT 2017

Dear Robocupper,

Call for Participation
RoboCup - 2017 RoboCup Industrial Logistics League (RCLL)
July 25 - July 30, 2017 (Nagoya, Japan)
http://www.robocup2017.org <http://www.robocup2017.org>

The RoboCup Logistics League (RCLL) is an application driven league
inspired by the industrial scenario of a smart factory, where a number of
machines provide manufacturing services to refine, assemble, or modify a
workpiece eventually resulting in a final product. In this new paradigm,
the factory provides a number of production technologies rather than
production types. The idea is to allow cost effective production even for
low volume or high variance products. Such a factory requires a more
flexible logistics, where robots are a natural choice. The RCLL provides a
testbed and benchmark of a comprehensible and yet meaningful size for such
a system. We see the RCLL in a larger context as a central — but by no
means exclusive — requirement for modern manufacturing industries. It
focuses on research questions about task level planning and scheduling,
automation in an industrial production workflow, and multi-robot system
integration.

Submit your Intention of Participation to
robocup-logistics-oc at lists.kbsg.rwth-aachen.de
<em/html/mailreadview/getmsg?m=1291073516766310&f=INBOX.Sent&pmtpt=html%2Cplain&mtpp=html&ec=1>
latest  by April 15, 2017.  The template you find on
http://www.robocup-logistics.org/call-for-participation
<http://www.robocup-logistics.org/call-for-participation>

Please send your Qualification Material to
robocup-logistics-oc at lists.kbsg.rwth-aachen.de
<em/html/mailreadview/getmsg?m=1291073516766310&f=INBOX.Sent&pmtpt=html%2Cplain&mtpp=html&ec=1>
latest  by May 15, 2017. The template for the Qualification Material you
find on
http://www.robocup-logistics.org/call-for-participation
<http://www.robocup-logistics.org/call-for-participation>

Note that we have shortened the deadline for Qualification Material. The
reason is that we can confirm your qualification before the deadline of
early registration.

The OC Committee  of the RCLL