[robocup-worldwide] Benchmark Problems from project Rawseeds are online

the Rawseeds project rawseeds at elet.polimi.it
Tue Sep 22 10:38:32 EDT 2009

[apologies if you receive this more than once]

Dear all,
the Rawseeds project (http://www.rawseeds.org/) is an EU-funded effort
aimed at building a high-quality "Benchmarking Toolkit" for Simultaneous
Localization And Mapping. The Toolkit includes:
* 11 multisensor datasets, complete with associated ground truth;
* problems, called "Benchmark Problems", using our datasets as input data;
* Benchmark Solutions, i.e., of solutions for the Benchmark Problems.
The BPs include a carefully defined set of performance metrics, to be
used to assess the Benchmark Solutions. In this way, the BSs (i.e., the
results of the algorithms that they are based on) can be evaluated and
compared in a quantitative way: Rawseeds' Toolkit is, in fact, an
instrument for the benchmarking of algorithms.

Presently, we announce that a first batch of Benchmark Problems has been
published. More BPs will follow.

In a short time, we will publish a set of Benchmark Solutions: but we
invite readers to contribute to Rawseeds with their own BSs as well.
It's easy to take your own algorithm for SLAM, use it to solve a BP, and
put the results in the form of a BS. Then, you can submit the BS to us
(using the form you find in the page of the chosen BP), to be
published along with our own. This is, of course, a good way to give
visibility to your algorithm.

More information about Rawseeds and its Benchmarking Toolkit can be
found on the project's website, along with a contact form, a forum, and
more. We hope to see you there!

The Rawseeds Consortium