[robocup-small] RoboCup 2021 Small Size League 3 week update

Carla Cosenza carlaszecosenza at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 3 19:27:38 EDT 2021

Hello!

As RoboCup is getting closer and closer, we would like to give a few updates regarding the competition!

Hardware and Technical Challenges Time Slot Deadline

In previous emails, we asked teams to sign up for time slots to complete the hardware and technical challenges via this link<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/selfsched?sstoken=UUlnbU4wcWczZTZRfGRlZmF1bHR8NzUxMTNlNmVkYzlhMzA3NDQyOGIxMzFjMGJhYjI4NWQ>. We would like to ask all teams that desire to participate in these events to sign up by June 13th, 2021. You can integrate the calendar with your own with this file<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/c_6jnjg7ej19rts02q3mf8gcb2lo%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics>.

Open-Source Award Submission Deadline

This year we will be having the open source award as we had in previous years. In order to participate, teams must submit information to the league (for more information on this, please visit our website<https://ssl.robocup.org/robocup-2021-awards/>). The deadline for the submission for this year is June 21st, 2021.

Servers for the Virtual Tournament are ready

As you may already have seen on Discord, the servers for the virtual tournament are already set up and ready for use. You can access them through this link: https://virtual.ssl.robocup.org/

As described in the previous mail, once you have submitted your container image, your team name and your robot specs to the setup repository<https://github.com/RoboCup-SSL/ssl-simulation-setup>, you can book time slots to test the setup on one of the four fields.

It is also a good chance to test your software against the autoRefs, which are both running in majority mode.

Hardware Challenge 1 - Small Changes on two Scenarios

There were two small issues in the scenarios of challenge 1. The defenders were too close to the ball. We fixed that<https://github.com/RoboCup-SSL/ssl-hardware-challenge-rules/pull/5/files> and updated the rules.

Team Logos for the Status-Board

The ssl-status-board<https://github.com/RoboCup-SSL/ssl-status-board> shows your team's logo. If you have not yet provided a logo and do not want to see a generic one, please submit a pull request with your logo or send us one.

The logos are stored here: https://github.com/RoboCup-SSL/ssl-status-board/tree/master/src/assets/logos

The logo must be in PNG format and about 512x512px in size.

For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us by mail or on Discord<https://discord.gg/t724m8c>.

Thank you!

Carla Cosenza

RoboCup Small Size League | Organizing Committee