[robocup-small] December 2020 Update and Call for Team Leader Meeting

Carla Cosenza carlaszecosenza at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 14 08:43:56 EST 2020

Dear SSL-Community,

We would like to give you an update on current activities around organization of RoboCup 2021. The situation around the current pandemic still bears a lot of uncertainty, so the RoboCup organizers asked the leagues to develop a plan for the case that the RoboCup may need to be 1) a fully virtual event; or 2) a hybrid event, with only a small number of local teams and/or organizers (and possibly robots) physically present.

We’ve prepared some ideas that we think would be reasonable within our league and would like to discuss them with the team leaders now to take your opinions and ideas into consideration as well.

Therefore, we would like to schedule a Team Leader Meeting as soon as possible.

So please inform us of your availability in this Doodle<https://doodle.com/poll/4beh3k745v4bdky4?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link>, by Thursday (December 17).

Also, in the context of recent rule changes, there was a demand for some transparently documented official guiding principles and long term goals in the league. The TC and OC had been working on such a document since the last RoboCup. The principles are what we strive for and the goals are things we want to do in order to make our league more aligned with our principles.

We have published our initial draft of this document now on GitHub<https://github.com/RoboCup-SSL/ssl-goals>. The HTML<https://robocup-ssl.github.io/ssl-goals/sslgoals.html> and PDF<https://robocup-ssl.github.io/ssl-goals/sslgoals.pdf> documents are published with GitHub pages, just like the rules document.

We’d like to discuss the document with you in the upcoming meeting as well.

Thank you very much and stay safe!

Carla Cosenza

RoboCup Small Size League | Organizing Committee