[robocup-small] April 2020 Team Update

Carla Cosenza carlaszecosenza at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 6 12:38:14 EDT 2020

Hello!

Many of you may have received April’s and the RoboCup Federation President’s email on the COVID-19 status. It was confirmed that RoboCup will be postponed until next year, having the new dates as June 22nd-28th, 2021. We are sad that we will not be able to meet everyone this year but we know it is for everyone’s safety. The OCs and TCs will remain the same for next year, so do not hesitate to contact us with any doubts or concerns.

One topic we would like to bring forward though is of having a virtual SSL competition this year. RoboIME has voiced their interest in this and are planning to test this with VMs to see the viability. We of the committee have also found this idea very interesting, for it would give teams a chance to test out new ideas and have something to look forward to this year. We would like to know the opinion of other teams and also gather some information to know what would be necessary in order to make this happen. So if the team captains could fill out this form<https://forms.gle/hxS7pAXFuSZvSMfE6> by Friday, April 10th, 2020, we would appreciate it very much!

Thank you very much and stay safe!

Carla Cosenza

RoboCup Small Size League | Organizing Committee