[robocup-small] Recent Events - Call for Information

UBC Thunderbots ubcrobocup at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 20:32:53 EST 2019

Dear SSL Community,

This is a call for transparency. We were saddened to see two committed
members of the TC/OC members resign in recent weeks. The previous email
chain between executives can only be seen as a signal to the community that
we are in need of some clarity. We would like an explanation as to what has
happened in the SSL governance community to have caused this series of
unfortunate events. It’s concerning and inherently unsustainable to have
the pillars of the organization, our members of the EC/TC/OC community,
compelled to resign out of feelings of disrespect while in the pursuit of
making the SSL better for all of us.

RoboCup at its core involves community, sharing, and working together.
Building upon the most recent email, we would like to involve the SSL teams
in on the conversation, now rather than later.

We are requesting to hear the background that led to these resignations so
that we can come together to figure these issues out as a league.

Thank you to the retired committee members for your years of service to the
SSL. We will miss you.

Regards,

UBC Thunderbots

---

*UBC Thunderbots*
Faculty of Applied Science
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus
robocup at ece.ubc.ca | http://ubcthunderbots.ca/