[robocup-small] RoboCup 2019: Qualification

Christian Lobmeier pardinensis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:02:31 EST 2019

Hi teams,

just a quick reminder that the qualification material submission deadline
is in less than three weeks, on the 29th of January anywhere on earth.

The quality of the ETDP (division A) or TDP (division B) is an important
factor when qualifying for the RoboCup SSL tournament. Please make sure
that your submission
- contains information that is new and relevant for other teams
- is understandable and explains the algorithms, decisions and thought
processes in a comprehensible and descriptive way
- describes your approaches in a detailed manner to allow others to
reproduce the results

Details about what and how to submit the qualification material can be
found on the SSL website:
https://ssl.robocup.org/robocup-2019-qualification/

After the qualification material has been submitted, every team has to
review three other (E)TDPs in a single blind peer review process. Based on
those reviews as well as the skills shown in the qualification video, the
OC decides on a preliminary qualification status (either *qualified*
or *conditionally
qualified*). Qualified teams will receive a registration code as soon as
the early registration phase for the RoboCup 2019 begins. Conditionally
qualified teams however have to significantly improve their (E)TDP and/or
their video and submit a final second version. The OC then evaluates those
submissions and decides, whether the team is *qualified* or *not qualified*
to participate.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know! We are happy to
help.

Best,
Christian