[robocup-small] Field Grouping

Christopher Head chead at chead.ca
Sun Jul 5 18:03:13 EDT 2015

Hello teams,
It’s time to choose which team will be on which field for RoboCup 2015.
There are 18 teams attending and four fields. As in previous years, we
will use the SSL grouping software which allocates teams to groups.
This software can be found at
<https://github.com/RoboCup-SSL/ssl-grouping>.

Attached to this e-mail is a team database file I propose to use for
the grouping. There is no seed group 4 (bottom four teams), as there are
very few new teams this year. Dummy teams have been added to seed
groups 2 and 3 to bring them up to a multiple of four teams; being in
the same country (“Dummy”) means they will not be placed on the same
field, so each field will have either four or five real teams.

If there are no objections, we will use two daily number from
random.org for Thursday, July 9, 2015 to seed the grouping program.

To obtain these numbers, go to
<https://www.random.org/integers/?mode=advanced>, ask to generate 2
random integers in the range 0 to 1000000000, select Use pregenerated
numbers from 2015-07-09, and click Get Numbers. Obviously you can only
do this after Thursday; the numbers don’t exist yet, thus avoiding any
possibility of biasing the outcome by crafting the teams database or
selecting a date whose numbers are known to favour a particular team.
--
Christopher Head
RoboCup 2015 SSL Organizing Committee Chair