[robocup-small] Compatible cameras for vision software

Jan jansegre at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 14:46:29 EST 2014

Our team has made a fork of ssl-vision which implements very roughly
MFCapture for Windows which supports any camera the system has the driver
for but we did not implement the interface to configure the camera
parameters. It is accessible at https://github.com/roboime/ssl-vision on
the mfcapture branch.

We know there is another fork at https://github.com/cktben/ssl-vision which
implements V4L2, which should work on linux. We are very interested in that
although we haven't took the time to test it.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 4:34 PM, mos'ab wadea <mwaamh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I would like to ask what are compatible cameras with the vision software
> other than a firewire camera, because we have been looking for a good
> option and it is so expensive to make our field. I hope that we can use
> something other than firewire (i.e. HDMI). I want to ask why is it this
> camera? it is a very low resolution camera and very limited. Can we find
> any other way to use other cameras? for example: did any one tried to
> connect camera to the software using V4L in linux?
>
> In case it is only firewire, can you please suggest a good supplier? and a
> good cheap combination?

Jan Segre
RoboIME