[robocup-small] Unique patterns - SSL Vision

Michael Bleier michael.bleier at robotics-erlangen.de
Tue Oct 8 11:50:11 EDT 2013

Hi Miguel and Joydeep,

We also had troubles with this kind of setup a couple times. The
parameters of SSL-Vision are optimized for around 4m camera height. The
software has thresholds that rejects Blobs that are too big in the
camera frame.

Here are a few ideas, which might cause the problem:

(1) There are a couple of threshold for the maximum size of the color
blobs and also the distance between the different blobs. You can find
them in the settings tree

Global > Team Config > Teams > Standard2010 >
Pattern Fitting or Center/Other Marker Settings

(2) There is a magic constant in the code for the distance in the search
tree for the green/pink color patches. Maybe this distance is too
restrictive.

file: src/shared/cmpattern/cmpattern_teamdetector.cpp
code line: reg_tree.startQuery(*reg,20.0);

Best regards,
Michael