[robocup-small] New Referee Box Protocol

Michael Bleier michael.bleier at robotics-erlangen.de
Fri Nov 16 19:55:55 EST 2012

Hi all,

One thing is bugging me for years. The keeper is only allowed to be
exchanged in consensus with the referee. Unfortunately the referee has
no way to signal this decision. Teams either can only change the keeper
in a timeout or they rely on auto detection like using the robot in the
defense area. I can come up with a couple scenarios when auto detection
will fail and I have seen it happen during RoboCup.

Should we add a keeper exchange signal to the referee box or even send
the active keeper id (this would also solve any arguing about which
robot was the actual keeper)?

Cheers,
Michael