[robocup-small] New Referee Box Protocol

Ali Erdinç Köroğlu erdinc at neu.edu.tr
Tue Dec 25 02:47:55 EST 2012

Hi,

On Sat, 17 Nov 2012 01:55:55 +0100
Michael Bleier <michael.bleier at robotics-erlangen.de> wrote:

| Hi all,
|
| One thing is bugging me for years. The keeper is only allowed to be
| exchanged in consensus with the referee. Unfortunately the referee has
| no way to signal this decision. Teams either can only change the keeper
| in a timeout or they rely on auto detection like using the robot in the
| defense area. I can come up with a couple scenarios when auto detection
| will fail and I have seen it happen during RoboCup.
|
| Should we add a keeper exchange signal to the referee box or even send
| the active keeper id (this would also solve any arguing about which
| robot was the actual keeper)?

Sending the active keeper id  may cause some problems, instead its better to have keeper exchange signal

--
“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so” - Douglas Adams

Ali Erdinç Köroğlu < erdinc € neu.edu.tr >
CIO, Near East University
Chairman, NEU-IBM Advanced Research Center
http://www.neu.edu.tr