[robocup-small] Towards the Autonomous RefBox - Ulfert Nehmiz's contribution

Angelo Gurzoni Jr jgurzoni at yahoo.com.br
Fri Sep 30 14:11:46 EDT 2011

Hello, everybody.

Some months ago, Ulfert Nehmiz, who was member of our dear B-Smart team,
released the software he developed for his diploma thesis at the Univ. of
Bremen. It was a very nice surprise, Ulfert put together what we hope can be
the core of an autonomous referee box. On behalf of the League, thank you,
Ulfert !

In essence, the software has a Prolog module, which creates the set of rules
governing the actions of the referee, allied to other techniques like a
particle filter for ball (and robot?) tracking. The code is released as Open
source, and located at https://code.google.com/p/ssl-autonomous-refbox/

The TC already got word from Tigers about volunteering to explore and
develop the code, and would be really great if more people/teams volunteer
to help further develop the app. Testing and more developing are for sure
necessary.

Ulfert's diploma thesis, which documents this software, can be found at the
link below.

http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~double04/diplomarbeit.pdf

At last, we are setting up a mailing list for this project, similarly to
what ssl-vision has.

Regards

Angelo