[robocup-small] [Fwd: [robocup-exec] Hosting RoboCup 2012]

Tim Laue Tim.Laue at dfki.de
Mon Jan 18 06:41:15 EST 2010

Dear RoboCuppers,

please read the attached e-mail, if you're interested in hosting RoboCup
2012.

Best regards,

Tim

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: [robocup-exec] Hosting RoboCup 2012
Datum: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:16:13 -0500 (EST)
Von: Manuela Veloso <mmv at cs.cmu.edu>
An: robocup-exec at cc.gatech.edu
CC: April Foster <april.l.foster at gmail.com>

Dear RoboCup Execs,

I hope that you are all well and I wish you all a happy and healthy 2010!

I would like to ask you to spread to your communities to consider hosting
RoboCup in 2012. Interested parties need to submit a pre-proposal, sent to
April Foster, cced above, who is assisting me and the RCF Trustees, by
March 1st, 2010.

The pre-proposal, of a maximum of 8 pages, needs to include all the
information found necessary by the proponents, and at least:

- Organizing committee, with specific statement of experience in RoboCup
- Locale, proposed dates, proposed venue for competitions and symposium
- Estimated budget and expected/existing financial support
- Overview of estimated cost for participants, including travel costs from
major internationcal cities, and lodging costs for major and junior
participants.

The Trustees will make decisions on the pre-proposals at the latest by
March 31st, 2010. The selected pre-proposals will be invited to submit a
full proposal (same items as above, but expanded in detail) by May 31st,
2010. The proponents will be asked to make a presentation to the Trustees
at RoboCup'10 in Singapore, before a final decision is made.

We look forward to receiving your pre-proposals.
Best,
            Manuela

--
Manuela M. Veloso