[robocup-small] About "Mixed Team Challenge" and question about presentation of ETDP

Piyamate Wasuntapichaikul baugp at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:14:37 EDT 2009

Hi All,

We, Skuba team, are interested in Mix Team Challenge and would like to participate in it.
We've done some modifications in our software in order to use with the new ssl-vision.
With our capture hardware and some software modifications, we can run the full system perfectly!
We would like to thanks to ssl-vision development team for making such a great software.
Our head pattern was uploaded to http://iml.cpe.ku.ac.th/skuba/archive/Skuba.png , only ID 0 to 9 used.

There's some problem about the ball detection to share with the other teams.
Our original vision software sends all detected balls to the soccer software, then the ball tracker selects and tracks only one.
However, the ssl-vision (revision 165) sends only one ball with the highest confidence.
This can cause a problem with our ball tracking when another orange object such as a referee's hand is classifed as a ball with higher confidence;
With that case, the vision sends that hand's position and discard the true ball's position which cause the ball tracker to track that hand's position as a ball.
To solve this (in a simple but not a good way), we modify the ball detection plugin to send the first [max_balls] regions of [color_id_ball] which results a similar output as our vision software. (max_balls and color_id_ball are user defined parameters)

About the ETDP presentation, as a requirement for our team, we would like to know the detail about the presentation.
Such as schedule, duration and some guidelines for the presentation material.

Best regards,
Piyamate Wasuntapichaikul,
Skuba team.