[robocup-small] Fwd: [RoboCup2009oc] revised newsletter to all teams

Mahisorn Wongphati mahisorn.w at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 08:49:19 EDT 2009

Hi All,

Please check the update information for the RoboCup2009 preparation below.

--
Best Regards,
Mahisorn Wongphati

Dear RoboCupper,

We hope things are going well with your preparation for
RoboCup'09. There are only four weeks left to the event. Therefore,
we would like to update you with information about the logistics.

1) Transportation

The information about transportation from the airports of Vienna and
Graz to the venue and about the transportation within the city of Graz
have been updated. Please refer for details to the following link:

http://www.robocup2009.org/122-0-transportation.html

2) Check-in at the Venue

Check in time slots:

Senior Teams:   Mon. June 29 2009 8:00 - 18:00
               Tue. June 30 2009 8:00 - 17:00
Junior Teams:   Wed. July 01 2009 8:00 - 13:00

Please note that there are requirements to be able to check in. One
important requirement is that all mentors and members of teams read
and sign the attached liability and image release form. For
participants under the age of 18, one of their parents or guard has
to sign the form. So please prepare the forms soon. Without a signed
form, nobody is allowed to enter the venue. Please do not email
the form to us. Just bring it with you for the check in.

For further details, refer to:

http://www.robocup2009.org/292-0-check-in.html

3) Shipping and Customs

The details for the shipping of equipment to Graz and about the
customs process have been updated.

For further details on customs:

http://www.robocup2009.org/123-0-cargo-shipping.html

4) Letters of Invitations

Most of the invitation letters have been issued to confirmed
registered team members. We will continue to issue the remaining
needed letters for registered with confirmed payment for RCJunior
participants until the deadline of June 6, 2009. By then, we will send
a final list of all persons who received a letter of invitation via
the Austrian Foreign Ministry to all relevant Austrian
embassies. Having your name on this list is a requirement for a
successful visa application. Please note that the electronic version
of the letter is sufficient for the visa application.

5) Mexican Flu (aka Swine Flu or H1N1 Virus)

The World Health Organization (WHO) does not recommend any
restrictions in travel. In particular, there are no restrictions for
traveling to and from Austria. Only passengers coming for Mexico have
to be announced to the authorities and will be screened if necessary.
Please check updated information on the news and internet.

6) Electricity

Austria uses 230 Volts AC at 50Hz and the European plug (aka SchuKo or
CEE 7/4). We will not be able to provide any power converters nor any
adapters. So please note that it is your responsibility to bring the
appropriate adapters, which are widely available at airports in
particular or in local electricity stores.

7) Accommodation for Senior Teams

Graz hotels are getting full very quickly. If you have not done yet,
please book your accommodation as soon as possible. There are still
some rooms available, but there are other events taking place. The
Graz Tourism Office will be happy to assist you with your
accommodation.

For details please refer to:

http://www.robocup2009.org/121-0-accomodation.html

8) Accommodation for Junior Teams

We blocked several inexpensive rooms exclusively for Junior teams. The
process for the allocation of these rooms is easy:

1. Once your team is fully and correctly registered, we send you an
email with information about our booking system. Fully and correctly
means that the team, all mentors, the contact persons, and all
students are registered in the right category and the full payment was
received.

2. Once you entered your accommodation request in our booking system
we find an appropriate option and communicate it to you.

3. Once you accept the option, we book the rooms, and send you a
confirmation and detailed information about your accomodaition.
Processing each request inevitably requires care and some time.

Note the number of rooms for this option are limited and there is
no guarantee to get rooms from this contingent. Requests will be
processed in first come  - first server manner. Due to the limited
number of rooms this service will end soon.

If you cannot wait for our processing of the assignment of this
special inexpensive accommodation for Junior teams, please feel free
to use the regular booking of the Graz Tourism Office. Please see:

http://www.robocup2009.org/121-0-accomodation.html

We wish you all the best for the remaining preparations. We look
forward to seeing you in Graz.

Best regards,

The RoboCup 2009 Organizing Committee