[robocup-small] Fwd: [RoboCup2009oc] important information on registration for RoboCup 2009

Mahisorn Wongphati mahisorn.w at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 07:43:20 EDT 2009

Hi All,

This is an additional information about the registration process from

The RoboCup Federation and the Local Organizing Committee RoboCup 2009

Please follow and instruction and finish the registration before April
17 to avoid additional expense.

And please also report your registration status to OC as soon as posible.

Best Regards,
Mahisorn Wongphati
(on behalf of SSL OC)

Dear RoboCuppers,

we would like to provide some updated information on RoboCup 2009
registration.

1) Please note that registration is administered by the RoboCup
Federation. The local organizers in Austria are only involved in
sending invitation letters, but do not handle any issues related
to payments, fixing errors, etc.
Please address such requests or any complaints you may have to
   office at robocup.org

2) We would like to remind everyone that registration is complete only
after payment is received on RCF accounts. As for senior teams and
participants the end of the early registration period is coming up on
April-17, you must ensure that your payment arrives at RCF before that
date. We notice a large number of registrations where wire transfer or
check has been chosen as payment method, but payment has not yet been
received. Please note that you will have to pay the higher fees for the
regular registration period if your payment arrives after April-17.

3) Please note that invitation letters for visa can only be sent after
registration is completed and payment is received. There is no exception.
Everyone in need of such an invitation letter should register as soon as
possible and choose credit card payment whenever possible. Wire
transfers take at least 5-10 days, in some cases substantially longer,
to process until the money arrives in our account.

4) If you choose wire transfers as payment method, we kindly ask you to
apply the following rules:
   I) Please do ONLY ONE wire transfer per team plus all team members
   II) Please make a SEPARATE wire transfer for every team, if you
       have several teams.
In some cases, we have received one wire transfer for participants from
three teams, in others several wire transfers for arbitrary subsets of
team members from three teams. These registrations are a real pain
to verify for us, as payment usually have little or no information to
which participants they refer to. Thus, verifying such records will take
more time, and it would e.g. delay the sending of receipts and
invitation letters for obtaining visa. You can contribute to ease and
speed up this process by following the above rules.

5) We would like to emphasize again, that the person specified as team
contact when registering a team is NOT registered as a person. This
person will neither get a visa invitation letter nor get a badge and
will not be admitted to the site, UNLESS the person is registered
separately as a team member. Please double-check your registration
records.

6) Last but not least, we would like to remind you again that the
early registration period ends very soon for senior teams: Apri-17.
Registration fees increase afterwards. There is only little time left
to take advantage of the reduced fees. It is time to act.

Best regards

The RoboCup Federation and the Local Organizing Committee RoboCup 2009