[robocup-small] [Fwd: Message about SSL US Open]

Tim Laue Tim.Laue at dfki.de
Wed Apr 8 03:46:15 EDT 2009

Hi RoboCuppers,

here are some information about the SSL US Open by Kyle Lawton:

Hello Everyone,

   I thought that I would send out one last e-mail encouraging any other
teams that are interested to come to the casual SSL US Open we (RFC
Cambridge) are hosting at Harvard.  My original e-mails were only sent
out over the US-small size list, but it was brought to my attention that
there may be people from the US that are not on that list.  I just
wanted to underline the fact that your team does not have to have
completed robots in order to attend.  You can really learn a lot from
the other teams who have gone through the same process.  So far, there
are going to be three competitors: Carnegie-Mellon, Georgia Tech and
Harvard-MIT.
   We were hoping that we could get final details on attendance by April
15th.  I have placed the information from a previous e-mail that we are
looking for at the end of this e-mail. We could probably support one or
two more teams, so let me know ASAP if you plan to attend.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!

-Kyle

   So it appears that May 8th-10th works as the time for people to
attend a casual US-Open.  Here are a few details about what we are
planning:

Goal:  Get some practice for teams in the small sized league before the
summer international competition.

Dates:
May 8th: Setup
May 9th: Initial Round Robin
              Possible shoot-outs or similar competitions
               Possible Group Activity at Night
May 10th:  Finals
               Pack-Up

Where: Harvard University
Hillis Penthouse.

Cost:
No registration fees.

Hotels:
There are a variety of hotels in the area.  As long as you find one
close to the Red Line (one of the subway lines in Boston), you should
have easy access to Harvard University.

Qualification Materials:
We are not requesting any.

Sign Up:
If you want to get a head start on things, you can just send a formal
e-mail to me with the following pieces of information:

Required:

Team Name
University/Organization Represented
Total number of team members and their names, also their shirt sizes
would be nice (no guarantees on this one)
Name of Primary contact person as well as this person's e-mail and phone
number.

Optional:

Website
Links to videos of your robots doing their thing
Any thing else you would like us to have

Please note that I may add to this list.  I also hope to alter
www.rfccambridge.com to contain this information as well as other things
relevant to this competition.