[robocup-small] Can DC Servomotors be used for drive systems

Anubhav Bhattacharjee anubhav.g.bhattacharjee at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 02:46:16 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am Anubhav form the Indian Institute of Technology Madras ,India. We were
planning to take part in next year's Robocup tournament and are new to this
tournament.

>From the perspective of the mechanical design of the bot...
We wanted to know  if DC servo motors can be used as the drive motors in an
omni-wheel drive bot.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using the same (as compared to
standard brushed or brush-less DC motors) ?

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Anubhav