[robocup-small] Schedule for SSL Rules 2008

Sedat Dogru sedat at eee.metu.edu.tr
Wed Sep 12 03:49:04 EDT 2007

Hi everybody,

As a member of a team who is working hard to attend robocup-smallsize
for the first time, I would like to comment about larger field size (at
least from our perspective).

Since cost of 4 cameras would be  two times the cost of 2 cameras, I
think poor teams like us will have a lot of difficulty buying /getting
enough good quality cameras. So, in order to attend we will be
economically forced to use low quality cameras, which will be a big
disadvantage for us. Therefore, I consider a bigger field size plausible
only if a shared vision system is used.

Assuming the above problem is somehow solved, I am also in favor of a
bigger field size, since ,as was already mentioned in the list, it is
going to increase team-playing provided that maximum robot/ball speeds
do not increase.

Greetings from RoboTurk, Turkey

Sedat Dogru
Middle East Technical University
Deparment of Electrical and Electronics Engineering