[robocup-small] Major rules proposals for 2007

NAGASAKA Yasunori any at farm.nn.solan.chubu.ac.jp
Tue Jan 30 00:46:52 EST 2007

Hi,

Here are opinions from Owaribito-CU about proposed rule changes.

   > Dear small-size community,
   >
   > If you would like to give the TC feedback on any of the proposed rules,
   > please do so within the next few days.  We thank the teams who have sent
   > in feedback, although most teams have not yet done so.  Now is the time
   > to help steer the rules process; Please help us to make the final
   > product better reflect the community's wishes.
   >
   >   - The 2007 TC

In general, any rules should NOT be changed so frequently.

====FIELD SIZE====

We do not agree with this change because there only remains 20 mm room
between the wall and a robot kicking a ball on the line, if the
outside of field became 200mm width.

====SEMI-AUTOMATIC REFEREE====

We defer the decision to the time when details will be specified.

====ROBOT KICK SPEED LIMITATION====

Our preferred speed limitation is 6 m/s. For the safety, the maximum
height of the chip kick should also be introduced.

====ROBOT KICKER SAFETY====

We do not agree to set the upper voltage limitation.

If the speed limitation is introduced, it is enough for safety.

For the safety, even 100 V is not enough low. Protection from high
voltage is each team's responsibility.

====NEW GOALS====

We agree with this change. When the net goal is adopted, the top net
should be high enough to prevent getting stuck the robot. 150 mm is
not enough because the robot has the antenna.

Best regards,

Owaribito-CU, NAGASAKA Yasunori

---
// NAME   :: NAGASAKA Yasunori  URL:: http://falcon.solan.chubu.ac.jp/
// E-MAIL :: any at isc.chubu.ac.jp  or  any at nn.solan.chubu.ac.jp
// ADDRESS:: Dept. of Electronics and Info. Engg., College of Engg.,
//        :: Chubu University, Kasugai, Aichi, 487-8501 JAPAN
// PHONE  :: +81-568-51-9469 [bus.hr.only,JST]  FAX:: +81-568-51-1478