[robocup-small] new ball.

Chris Parker parkerca at ieee.org
Fri Sep 16 14:57:15 EDT 2005

     I like the idea of a new ball that would be hard to get moving
like the bullets that we saw this year in Osaka.  A suggestion that
was made by a member of our team in the past was to use a standard
orange floor hockey ball.  These are made of vinyl and are designed
NOT to bounce (so that the after coming down onto the floor after a
shot, they STAY on the floor), are a little larger than a tennis ball
and are bright orange.

     With a larger ball, we could relax the convex hull rule
somewhat, which would allow for more varied approaches to dribbling
and kicking.

-Chris Parker
Team Canuck