AW: [robocup-small] Re: Looking ahead to RoboCup 2006

Raul Rojas rojas at inf.fu-berlin.de
Wed Sep 7 14:47:15 EDT 2005

I agree with Oliver in that:

> It seems there are only two possible solutions to
>this:
  a) make the field larger
  b) make the robots slower

>Clearly, a) is the more interesting (and conceptually simpler) solution.
However, given the
> constraints of everybody's lab space it seems that b) is preferable.

Before everybody kills me with replies, let me say that I personally think
that the
size of the mid-size field is *ideal* for the small-size robots. I also
think that it
could be done, but it would require a lot of courage. It would solve the
energy budget
problem automatically. So, now kill me with replies.

>> 4) Merge small-size and mid-size

Yes, that is the medium term solution, however the mid-size guys do not seem
very interested in going down with the size of their monsters.

Raul Rojas
FU-Fighters Team