[robocup-small] Looking ahead to RoboCup 2006

Lim Yuen Siong LIMYS at sp.edu.sg
Wed Aug 31 01:46:12 EDT 2005

Hi

I have the following comments

1. Generally, the game in Osaka is very well organised.

2. On the longer term, I believe we should consider using local vision to
replace the current global vision. This might slow down the paceof the game
somewhat. Local vision is an area we would like to work on also.

3. Capping the top speed is probably not practical. Another important
factor beside top speed as acceleration. Limiting the battery power might
be a good alternative, but we have to give a lot of advance notice as it
might affect the mechanical structure of the robot.

4. We should keep the same field setup for 2006.

5. I agree the rules of the game must encourage more passing,but crowding
of robots is one factor making passing difficult.

Regards
Lim Yuen Siong/Field Ranger