[robocup-small] SSL 2005 Summary + Next Year

David Ball dball at itee.uq.edu.au
Thu Aug 11 06:44:16 EDT 2005

Dear SSL community,

The purpose of this email is to summarise RoboCup 2005, inform the SLL
community who is on the EXEC and TC and OC, to ask for general feedback
from the SSL community and lastly to present the proposed TC schedule.

On behalf of the SSL OC/TC I would like to thank all the teams who
participated at RoboCup 2005 for making it a successful competition.
Congratulations go to the winning teams:
1st: FU-Fighters
2nd: Cornell Big Red
3rd: Field Rangers
4th: CMRoboDragons

I would like to thank all referees and assistant referees for their
help. A special thanks from me to Chris Parker for helping me to referee
most of the finals and Mike Licitra and Yasunori Nagasaka for helping
assistant referee.

Congratulations to Tadashi Naruse and Beng Kiat Ng for being nominated
and elected as an Executive Members for the Small Size League.

Next years Technical Committee was voted in at RoboCup 2005. It is:
David Ball (Chair)
Jim Bruce
Jörg Kurlbaum

The Organising Committee was appointed for next year:
Raul Rojas (General Chair)
Tim Laue (Local Chair)
Yasunori Nagasaka
Jim Bruce (TC Advisory to OC)

If you have any photos or videos of RoboCup 2005 and are posting them to
the web please send a link to them to this mailing list so that we all
can have a look at them.

It is time to look forward to RoboCup2006 and what we want to achieve
for the Small Size League. On behalf of this years Technical Committee I
am asking the community as a whole for comments and feedback. This will
help direct discussions by this years TC. Some focus questions.

Where would you like in general for the SSL to go over the next few years?
How would you like for the future direction to be decided on?
What comments do you have about RoboCup2005 (things you disliked, things
you liked)?
What changes would you like to make for 2006?
How many changes would you like to make for 2006?
What specific rules would you like the TC to discuss for 2006?
Any other comments, suggestions or questions?
Any suggestions for the qualification procedure (eg timing, process)?

The following is the proposed technical committee's schedule leading up
to RoboCup 2006:
Now - 7th September: General Feedback from the SSL community
7th September - 7th Oct: Internal Technical Committee discussions based
on feedback from the SSL community.
7th Oct - 22nd Oct: TC will prepare proposed direction for release to
the SSL community
22nd Oct - 15th Nov: SSL community discussion of the proposed changes.
16th Nov - 15th Dec: Internal TC discussion of SSL feedback and
integration into the rules.
16th Dec: Release RoboCup 2006 Rules to SSL community.

Regards,
David Ball
SSL Technical Committee Chair for RoboCup 2006