[robocup-small] Electricity

Tadashi Naruse naruse at ist.aichi-pu.ac.jp
Sun Jun 5 22:12:55 EDT 2005

Hi participating teams,

I sent the following question to each participating team the other day.
However I do not have answers of some teams.

Please answer as soon as possible, if you did not answer yet.

----------------------------------
This is an important e-mail. Please answer the question.

The local organizer says,
-------------------------
1. FLOOR PLAN: ELECTRICITY AC 100V OR AC 220V

The local organizer decided to prepare both AC 100 V outlet and AC 220 V
outlet.  The specifications are as follows.
  AC 100V: 60 Hz, B-type plug (as in US)
  AC 220V: 60 Hz.  The plug type has not been decided, but we requested
           F type (as in Germany).

Please report the following.
1) Zones of 100 V and of 220 V in the paddock area of your league.  In
order to reduce the cost, we would like to roughly divide the zones.
You could specify the zone having both, but minimize it.  The followings
are the current floor plan.
  http://www.geocities.jp/robocuposaka/hall/Hall3_eng050427.pdf
  http://www.geocities.jp/robocuposaka/hall/Hall4_eng050427.pdf
  http://www.geocities.jp/robocuposaka/hall/Hall5_eng050427.pdf
2) Capacity of electricity (the maximum and the average for each team).
Most popular capacity in Japan (which means inexpensive) is 15 A (100V,
60 Hz) in average, and would be enough for most teams except for the
middle size league.

We have to devide the league paddock area into two areas i.e. 100V area
and 220V area.

So, question No. 1.
Which area do you prefer, 100V or 220V?

question No.2
How much power do you need in the paddock area? Answer like (100V, 15A).

Regards,
Tadashi Naruse