[robocup-nao] NomadZ code usage announcement for RoboCup 2018

Maurer Simon simomaur at student.ethz.ch
Wed May 16 12:01:29 EDT 2018

Dear RoboCup SPL teams

Dear RoboCup SPL Technical and Organizing Committees

Team NomadZ would like to announce the code usage of NaoDevils walking engine in accordance with their license releases

https://github.com/NaoDevils/CodeRelease/blob/master/LicenseBHuman.txt<https://mail.ethz.ch/owa/redir.aspx?C=UJz86tLQhxt1sj8xZBudhJrS1Py_pEHAWrP7i3oID33DrP-QQrvVCA..&URL=https%3a%2f%2fgithub.com%2fNaoDevils%2fCodeRelease%2fblob%2fmaster%2fLicenseBHuman.txt>

https://github.com/NaoDevils/CodeRelease/blob/master/License.txt<https://mail.ethz.ch/owa/redir.aspx?C=zRhTTVMgAGBMx2yjCQNlOOXxiPQlhUH1OXAWN-8lkdbDrP-QQrvVCA..&URL=https%3a%2f%2fgithub.com%2fNaoDevils%2fCodeRelease%2fblob%2fmaster%2fLicense.txt>

for the upcoming RoboCup 2018 in Montreal, Canada.

With improvements in our behaviour and perception in recent months, we realised that one of the biggest bottlenecks for us is our walking. One of the major shortcomings of this walking engine is the ineffective use of inertial sensor data.

In order to fulfill the requirement of a fast and stable walking engine we decided to adapt the Nao Devils walking engine. To our knowledge, this walking engine provides the best balance between speed and stability. We have adapted the modules within the DortmundWalkingEngine and the associated representations, tools and configuration files.

We have backported the NaoDevils walking engine (based on B-Human code release 2015) such that we can use it with our framework, which is based on the 2013 release of the B-Human framework.

All other parts are unaffected by this announcement.

NaoDevils have kindly released their framework, specifically the walking engine found via:

https://github.com/NaoDevils/CodeRelease/tree/master/Src/Modules/MotionControl/DortmundWalkingEngine<https://mail.ethz.ch/owa/redir.aspx?C=Y0_0qCtaLH8S-Lej2ggtbIkXC_zri5Su5XggE7aSY7bDrP-QQrvVCA..&URL=https%3a%2f%2fgithub.com%2fNaoDevils%2fCodeRelease%2ftree%2fmaster%2fSrc%2fModules%2fMotionControl%2fDortmundWalkingEngine>

We like to thank NaoDevils and B-Human for making their frameworks publicly available every year and honor their contributions to robotics research.

On behalf of the NomadZ team

Simon Maurer

D-ITET, Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnologie MSc

Professur Control and Computation

ETH Zürich, ETL I 23

Physikstrasse 3, 8092 Zürich