[robocup-nao] Acquiring a game field

Brad Hall bradh at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Aug 24 03:51:14 EDT 2011

On 24/08/2011, at 5:38 PM, Axel Hessler wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> as a newby in the standard platform league I am currently
> trying to cope with practical questions of the game environment:
> game field and goals.

Dear Axel,
> - What is the game field made of?

I have used flooring timber and glued the carpet to it to make it very flat and firm, however, I know some other universities have just a carpet that they role out when required.

> - How do I get those lines on it?

Masking tape.  Here in Australia it comes in slightly different widths, but I have found 48mm which is close enough.

> - How did you made the goals?

I used PVC pipes (intended for plumbing).  It came in the exact dimensions that we needed.

Please note that one proposed change for 2012 will be that both goals will be white.  This hasn't been confirmed yet, but it might waste your time to paint them now, and then paint them again later in the year!

> - Is there a reference manufacturer or supplier?

Sorry, no.  I just went to a hardware shop.

Cheers,
Brad