[robocup-nao] SPL technical challenges for 2011

Baris Gokce sozbilir at boun.edu.tr
Fri Nov 5 15:45:12 EDT 2010

        Dear all,
   We propose 3 challenges. You can find the descriptions of the
proposed challenges below. Additionally, we also agree that the Open
Challenge should be continued.

Best regards,
Baris Gokce
On behalf of the Cerberus team

1- Tackling:

This challenge consists of two robots from different teams. One of the
robots (attacker) will stand still, with the ball in front. The other
robot (defender) will try to kick the ball away from the attacker
without interfering with the attacker.

The attacker is placed on the center of the field facing one of the
goals. The ball is placed in front of the robot with about 2 cm
distance. The defender will be placed away from the attacker, the
distance of the defender will be between 60cm and 150 cm. The
orientation of the robot will be between -90 and + 90 degrees in front
of the attacker. The defender should kick the ball. While kicking,
neither the ball nor the defender should not touch to the attacker.
The defender may touch to the ball several times.

The challenge will be repeated three times with different distances
and different angles. The score will be calculated based on the sum of
the points taken in each turn. The points are calculated as the
following:

•10 points: if ball is successfully cleared
•5 points: if ball is cleared but only the ball has touched the attacker
•2 point: if ball is cleared but the defender has touched the attacker
•0 points: if the ball cannot be cleared in 2 minutes or attacker falls down.
In case of tie the team that completes all turns quicker will be
placed in a higher position.

2- Kicking while walking:

In this challenge, there is a single robot that needs to score a goal
under certain conditions.

The ball is placed around the penalty mark. The distance between the
ball and the mark will be at most 100 cm. The robot will be placed at
the center of the field facing to the goal. The robot will move to the
ball and kick to score a goal. While kicking it should keep walking,
the robot is not allowed to stop walking before or after it kicks the
ball. Whether the robot has stopped or not will be determined by the
judges. The challenge fails if the ball leaves the fields or the robot
touches to the ball while walking at anytime.

The robot has 3 minutes for the challenge. After each score, robot and
ball are placed to the initial positions. The scores will be equal to
the total number of goals.

3- Scoring with coordination:

This challenge consists of two robots from the same team. One of the
robots is not allowed to use the camera and the other can use the
camera but it is only allowed to do head movements.

The attacker robot has stickers on both of its cameras so it cannot
perceive any image from the field. It is placed anywhere on one half
of the field. The ball will be at the penalty mark. The helper robot
is placed on the corner of the field in a way that it can see both the
attacker and the ball.

The challenge is successful if the attacker can score a goal within 5
minutes. The scoring will be based on the time to complete the
challenge. The challenge fails when any of the following cases occur:

•The helper moves any parts of its body other that the head.
•Time limit is reached.