[robocup-nao] Simulator survey

Alexander Buckley albuckley at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 13:20:27 EST 2008

I'd like to add to this conversation: I have been using both simulators.
 I used the webots for 2008 robocup to develop a vision application so i
cant comment on the robot kinematic model.
 I am currently using MSRS to develop motions which it is obviously suited
for. Floor friction is obviously missing in but i have come to find a use
for that. Gravity appears to be well simulated also the robots masses
(dispersion in the limbs).

My real query is:  I have heared that code can be run in MSRS. I do not see
any menu item that relates to code in the obvious way that webots has a code
development environment. It appears to me a development studio for motion
scripts and nothing else. Am i missing something? Is there a plugin I don't
have?

Alex

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Eran Polosetski <eranpolo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello RoboCup participants,
>
> I'm interested in programming Nao (hopefully for the '09 RoboCup standard
> league), and I'd like to hear your thoughts about which simulator to use in
> terms of ease of development, similarity of the model to actual Nao robot,
> simulator performance, stability & bugs, etc.
>
> As I understand it, the leading simulators for the Nao humanoid are Webots,
> Microsoft Robotics Studio and home-brewed simulators (probably based on
> ODE/OpenGL) such as SimRobot. Any other simulators?
>
> Best Regards,
>                       Eran

Alexander Buckley

58 Rail Park