[robocup-msrs] MSRS Competition in Robocup 2008

Kyle Johns kylej at microsoft.com
Fri May 9 18:36:05 EDT 2008

I'm happy to announce that the software to support an MSRS simulation competition for RoboCup 2008 is now available. This year we will be using a model of the Nao robot provided by Aldebaran.  Each team consists of four of these nice biped robots as shown in the following blog post:

http://blogs.msdn.com/msroboticsstudio/archive/2008/05/09/the-msrs-nao-simulation-competition-for-robocup-2008-is-now-available.aspx

Robotics Studio 1.5 and the updated soccer package are available from Microsoft while the Simulated Nao package is available from Aldebaran at
http://www.aldebaran-robotics.com/simulatedNaoRegistration.php

Those of you with experience programming the Robudog last year will enjoy the updated environment and the ability to control a biped rather than a quadruped. Aldebaran has done a very nice job with their simulation model.

A Request for Participation (RFP) will be sent out soon with more details on how to register for the actual competition but you can download the software and begin implementing your soccer player services immediately.

To run the full soccer competition simulation, you will need a fairly powerful graphics card. The readme for the Aldebaran package has instructions on how to run the simulation on machines with less-powerful graphics cards.

Now, the software is ready, they just have to find a place to hold RoboCup.

-Kyle