[robocup-msrs] Robocup MSRS Challenge Rules - Less than 4 weeks to go!

George Chrysanthakopoulos georgioc at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 8 12:01:57 EDT 2007

Hi, answers to your questions:

1)      We are using laptops that have dual cores, and the ATI x1600 graphics cards. They seem to work very well. We know there are plenty laptops that will run ok but we happen to use the HP nx9420 and nc8430 series. We know of much cheaper laptops (from DELL for example) that run MSRS and simulation fine as well. In one of his previous mails, Kyle has send a website link on how to check if the graphics card on your PC will support the pixel/vertex shader level we need for simulation

2)      Yes, all code is available with the MSRS setup, and also the binaries are precompiled. The code is also available through the MSDN library, which now also has documentation(user guide) on our DSS runtime

No question is too basic J

I also recommend you browse/search our online forums for answers to your questions, there is an active community online

Links below:

1)      Our MSDN library content with user guides, sample readmes, sample code, and sample tutorials

2)      Our support page through MSDN

3)      Direct link to forums for posting

[1] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/robotics/default.aspx
[2] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/robotics/bb501032.aspx
[3] http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/default.aspx?forumgroupid=383&siteid=1