[robocup-legged] Rules clarification for goalkeeper penalties

Sat May 20 00:09:10 EDT 2006

On 20/05/2006, at 7:12 AM, Colin McMillen wrote:

> Thomas Röfer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am very sure that the only rule that allows the goal keeper to
>> be removed
>> from the field is "request for pickup". In any other case, the
>> goal keeper
>> is immediately placed back on the middle line.
>
> I don't believe the rules explicitly state this anywhere. I believe
> the
> rules did in the past, but searching through the current PDF file for
> both "goalie" and "keeper" does not turn up such a rule, as far as
> I can
> tell.

Um, if this has been inadvertently dropped from the rules, then you
can consider this an official clarification that the goalie's
penalties are always 0 seconds (except for "request for pickup").  :)

Be well,

Will        :-}

--
Dr William Uther                           National ICT Australia
Phone: +61 2 8306 0424               Computer Science and Engineering

Web: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/   or  http://www.nicta.com.au/

NICTA email Disclaimer:
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/NICTAEmailDisclaimer.html
UNSW email Disclaimer: