[robocup-legged] Hi,about the bad dogs

Fri May 19 02:06:41 EDT 2006

On 18/05/2006, at 2:26 PM, tan feng wrote:

> Hi, everybody.
>
> I'm the team leader of TJ-Ark, which is from Tongji University of
> China.
>
> This is the first time we attend the Robocup 4-legged. But now
>
> we met a big trouble that we don't have enough dogs, only one  of
> which is
>
> available. And we can't buy new ERS7 because of Sony.
>
> I'm not sure whether other teams could  borrow us dogs?
>
> If somebody could help us,  thank you very much.

Hi all,

   There was some discussion of this on the technical and organising
committee mailing lists.  The general consensus is that there isn't
much we can do.

   In the younger days of the league, Sony had spare robots at the
competition.  They no longer sponsor the competition.  More recently,
some of the larger teams have lent robots to small teams.  This year
it seems that even those larger teams are running low on robots.
They are reluctant to lent robots because if they do they risk
breaking them faster and hurting themselves.

   All I can suggest is ordering parts from Sony.

   The technical committee will try to come up with other
possibilities, but it is looking unlikely that we'll be able to do
much at this stage.

Good luck in your preparations,

Will       :-}

--
Dr William Uther                           National ICT Australia
Phone: +61 2 8306 0424               Computer Science and Engineering

Web: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/   or  http://www.nicta.com.au/

NICTA email Disclaimer:
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/NICTAEmailDisclaimer.html
UNSW email Disclaimer: