[robocup-legged] Legged Rules update

Mon Apr 24 02:29:47 EDT 2006

Hi all,

   I've just incorporated all the rule clarifications I could find on
this mailing list into the rules.  The new PDF is available on the
legged league web page here:

https://www.tzi.de/4legged/pub/Website/Downloads/Rules2006.pdf

Below are the changes.  All of them are minor, and all have appeared
on this list previously.

Note: This is only the updated soccer rules.  We will also be
updating the challenge rules soon.  Some changes have already been
mentioned on this list (e.g. updating the crossbar for the new goal
in the New Goal challenge), other changes may be made in response to
experiences at the regional open competitions.

Changes:

   - The robots should play without human control.  Communication is
only allowed among robots on the field and between the robots and
the referee's controller.

   - Added 45 second recommendation on the time in the 'Set' state.
   - Robot disentanglement + pushing in Ready state.
   - If the ball goes out over the end line, and it is unclear which
   team was last to contact the ball, then the ball is replaced at the
   end of the throw-in line.  i.e. The phrase 'directly in front' used
   in the rules is to be interpreted as the closest legal point.

It is not possible to score an offensive goal while holding the
ball.  If a robot
carries the ball over the goal line, then the ball is considered out
and the assistant referee shall replace it at the intersection of the
half line and the closer ``throw-in line''.

It is still possible for a goal keeper to score a goal for the
opposing team
by carrying the ball into its own goal.  A robot that grabs right on
the line
and immediately kicks without walking forward should be considered to
have
scored, even if the grab motion moves the ball over the line.  It is
still
possible to walk the ball into the goal be pushing the ball with the
front
of the robot, as long as the ball is not being held.

Be well,

Will         :-}

--
Dr William Uther                           National ICT Australia
Phone: +61 2 8306 0424               Computer Science and Engineering

Web: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/   or  http://www.nicta.com.au/

NICTA email Disclaimer:
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/NICTAEmailDisclaimer.html
UNSW email Disclaimer: