[robocup-legged] visual sensor gain control in ERS-7 AIBOs

Humberto Martínez Barberá humberto at um.es
Mon Feb 13 02:53:52 EST 2006

Hi,

I think this might be useful and give you a hint. _whiteBalance,
_gain and _shutter take values in [0..2] range. Unfortunately there
are not many books on OpenR, are they?

Humberto
TeamChaos

OPrimitiveID	fbkID;

OStatus result = OPENR::OpenPrimitive("PRM:/r1/c1/c2/c3/i1-
FbkImageSensor:F1", &fbkID);
if (result != oSUCCESS)
	printf("%s : %s %d", "MyClass::ConfigCamera ()",
"OPENR::OpenPrimitive() FAILED", result);

OPrimitiveControl_CameraParam wb((unsigned long) _whiteBalance);
OPENR::ControlPrimitive(fbkID, oprmreqCAM_SET_WHITE_BALANCE, &wb,
sizeof(wb), 0, 0);

OPrimitiveControl_CameraParam gain((unsigned long) _gain);
OPENR::ControlPrimitive(fbkID, oprmreqCAM_SET_GAIN, &gain, sizeof
(gain), 0, 0);

OPrimitiveControl_CameraParam shutter((unsigned long) _shutter);
OPENR::ControlPrimitive(fbkID, oprmreqCAM_SET_SHUTTER_SPEED,
&shutter, sizeof(shutter), 0, 0);

El 13/02/2006, a las 2:12, vkyrylov at sfu.ca escribió:

> Hi,
>
> Could anybody tell whether it is indeed possible in principle to
> programmatically control the video camera gain in ERS-7?
> Sorry for such a rookie question. We are still in the very
> beginning: http://www.sfu.ca/~vkyrylov/Research/Soccer/
> SFUnleashed_learning.jpg
>
> A small piece of the source code as the answer would worth a
> thousand words.
>
> Thank you,
>

> Vadim Kyrylov, Ph.D.,
> Associate Professor,
> (Information Technology)
> School of Interactive Arts & Technology
> Simon Fraser University - Surrey
> 2400 Central City
> Surrey, BC CANADA
> Tel: 604-268-7435
> Fax: 604-268-7488
> http://www.sfu.ca/~vkyrylov/

Humberto Martinez Barbera
Dept. Ingenieria de la Informacion y las Comunicaciones
Area Ingenieria Telematica    e-mail:    humberto at um.es
Universidad de Murcia        www:     http://ants.dif.um.es/~humberto
30100 Murcia (Spain)        phone:    +34-968-364666