[robocup-legged] AIBO_2006 Teams.

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Feb 8 16:50:11 EST 2006

Hi Folks,

May be the TC can announce that in 2007 there will also be a Four-Legged
League that would release some stress from the idea that 2006 could be the last
time. There are still enough Aibos available and ~150 000 have been sold
so there is a good chance to buy 4 used in good shape. Also repairing
service is continuing for several years. No need to panic yet.

Because of the lack of space and time it is probably almost impossible
to increase the number of teams now in the soccer games
but may be not in the challenges. So this would be a good compromise for 2006.

For 2007 there is enough time of making plans for increasing the number of
teams (in case many more than 24 teams would be qualifying).
11x11 soccer games of joint teams would be a simple idea for increasing
number of participating teams in 2007 ...

Alle new teams should note that there are also many local opens
(Japan, US, Spanish, Iran, European/Dutch/German ...) which may be attended by
new teams for gaining experience but also for obtaining first merits that
help them to qualify for the next year.

Best wishes.
Oskar

--
Prof. Dr. Oskar von Stryk           E-Mail: stryk(at)sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Simulation and Systems Optimization Phone:  ++49 (0) 6151-16-2513