[robocup-legged] 11x11 RoboCup match

Tue Jan 3 06:37:46 EST 2006

On 03/01/2006, at 7:06 PM, Hans-Dieter Burkhard wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Happy New Year!
>
> Thank you Will for coming up with this idea, it was a proposal
> from the exec meeting in Rome to all leagues.

As you mention, it wasn't my idea.  I just wanted to get it rolling.
I'll try to get some more formal rules organised soon.

I'm assuming we'll use something close to the legged league rules,
robots and ball on the mid size field with mid-sized beacons, field
markings and goals.  It will need to be a pick-up game, so we'll
specify standard comms in the rules.

> We as the organizers of RoboCup 2006 will take care of the needs
> for those demonstration games. We propose to use the Center Court
> for the demo games (and hope for attractive events for the audience!).

Ok.  Will the Centre Court have mid-sized markers?

Does anyone have both AIBOs and a mid-sized field?  I don't suppose
they'd mind posting pictures of the mid-sized landmarks taken at
different distances across the field (from a normal AIBO stance, not
held in the air)?  I'd like to get a feel for whether/at what
distance the AIBO has any chance of recognising the landmarks.

> The competition site will be open 24 hours per day. This will allow
> for testing e.g. in the evening.

I suspect that most effort will be put into the competition games, so
we'll have to do some preliminary work to make sure this isn't too
hard before we commit to anything.

Another 24 hour venue... Who needs sleep anyway :)

Be well,

Will         :-}