[robocup-legged] June 14, 5:30 pm: race of robots on legs

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Jun 14 07:47:12 EDT 2006

Dear 4-Legged and Humanoid Teams,

For the Center Court at RoboCup 2006 in Bremen we have organized a demo
race for robots on four and two legs to find out which one is the fastest
robot on legs.

The demo will take place today, Wednesday, June 14, between 5:30 pm and
6pm at the Center Court. It is part of demonstrations to the general public.

Gratefully, the following teams volunteered to participate in this race
which will be started following a short introduction from a member of
each team giving a short explanation about their development and
improvement of gaits.

Four-Legged:
- GermanTeam
- MS Hellhounds
- NUbots
- rUNSWift
- UT Austin Villa
Humanoid:
- Darmstadt Dribblers & Hajime Team (KidSize)

All what a team needs to participate is to run straight forward after,
e.g., pressing a button when the whistle has been blown for the start
signal. The distance is from one side of the middle size field
on the center court to the other side.
No localization is needed. Some tilting in the forward motion
of a robot is ok as there is enough space to place the robots apart.
However, the robot should not make a complete turn over this distance.

We will also make a recording of the finish line and put the video on the
web after RoboCup.

If there are any other teams from the four-legged or humanoid league that
would like to participate in this demo race, please let me know.
We may have a rematch tomorrow on the center court.

Thanks for all teams who agreed to participate in this demo
for the general public. Of course, everyone is welcome
to watch this exciting race.

Cheers,
Oskar von Stryk