[robocup-humanoid] RoboCup 2021 - Ideas for alternative competition formats?

Maike Paetzel maike.paetzel at it.uu.se
Tue Nov 17 07:44:23 EST 2020

Dear Humanoid Teams,

given the current covid-19 situation, it may be possible that we need to make some adjustments to the Humanoid League competitions (Soccer Competition and Research Demonstration) for RoboCup 2021.

There are three potential scenarios we would like to get your input on:
a) If we have a physical competition in Bordeaux, how can we best organize the tournament with a limited amount of people on-site and ensuring the event is as safe as possible for the teams? (physical event)
b) In case some countries keep having travel restrictions, how could a tournament be set up to allow for both physically and virtually present teams to compete? (hybrid event)
c) In case we would not be able to have a physical event in Bordeaux, how could we organize a fully virtual competition? (virtual event)

We are looking for creative ideas - especially for the hybrid and the virtual event, the ideas do not need to follow the current rule book for the Humanoid League. However, they should still capture interesting research challenges for the humanoid league, hence involving humanoid robots and/or challenges meaningful to playing soccer with humanoid robots.

In order to keep the discussion and brainstorming easy to follow for everyone, please do not send us ideas by e-mail but use the following forum thread to contribute: https://hl.forum.robocup.org/t/robocup-2021-brainstorming-ideas-for-alternative-competition-formats/459
We would be happy to receive your ideas by November 23rd.

After collecting ideas, we will send around a quick poll next week to get an idea what teams think about particular ideas gathered during the brainstorming phase. We will write a separate e-mail with more information and the link to the voting next week.

Cheers,
Maike (for the Humanoid League Technical Committee)

N?r du har kontakt med oss p? Uppsala universitet med e-post s? inneb?r det att vi behandlar dina personuppgifter. F?r att l?sa mer om hur vi g?r det kan du l?sa h?r: http://www.uu.se/om-uu/dataskydd-personuppgifter/

E-mailing Uppsala University means that we will process your personal data. For more information on how this is performed, please read here: http://www.uu.se/en/about-uu/data-protection-policy